Let us find the best commercial auto insurance rates for you!
Proudly serving San Angelo, Texas and the surrounding areas for over 20 years.
What is commercial auto insurance?
Commercial auto insurance provides property and liability coverage for vehicles used for business purposes.
Why do I need a separate commercial auto policy?
Vehicles used for commercial purposes typically are exposed to a greater volume of risk than personal vehicles. Due to the increased risk, commercial auto policy rates are different than personal auto policy rates, and require separate policies.
Any business owner who utilizes any type of vehicle to perform business duties, or who has employees that utilize vehicles during work, needs a commercial auto policy. Businesses that require operation of industrial vehicles, delivery vehicles, vehicles to transport or store equipment, and vehicles transporting clients or customers are all examples of businesses who should carry commercial auto insurance.
What are my coverage options?
Basic commercial auto coverage options are the same as coverages available in a personal auto policy:
- Liability Coverage- Liability coverage may be single or split limit coverage
- 30/60/25 Limits- This is the liability coverage required by the state of Texas, and provides the following:
- $30,000 toward injuries to one person
- $60,000 total for all injuries
- $25,000 toward property damage
- 50/100/50, 100/300/100, 250/500/250, and up- It is often beneficial to select higher liability limits.
- Higher liability limits result in more coverage for yourself.
- Imagine causing an accident in which a new Escalade was totaled. Would $25,000 cover replacing the vehicle that you are now liable for?
- Combined Single Limits- Combined single liability limits encompass all three liability coverages under one total payout amount.
- For example, with a combined single limit of $140,000, the insurance company would pay up to a total of $140,000 toward an accident. This limit includes personal injury and property damage.
- Property Damage Coverage- If you choose to purchase full coverage, we offer different comprehensive and collision deductibles.
- $500 deductibles are most common- This is the amount paid by the insured before a claim is paid by the insurance company.
- More deductible options are available, depending on the company and possibly the lien holder of the vehicle.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage-Protection against uninsured and underinsured drivers.
- Personal Injury Protection
Additional commercial auto coverage options:
Non-owned Car Coverage- Coverage for vehicles owned by an employee, but used occasionally for business purposes.
- Hired Auto- Liability coverage for vehicles that you may hire, rent, borrow, or lease in order to perform a business related duty.
- Motor Truck Cargo Insurance- Coverage for liability to damage of a commodity that you are hired to transport.
Ryan Thoma Insurance also provides Garage Keepers Insurance to business owners needing liability coverage for damage to customers' autos. Business owners that store, service, or park customers' vehicles at their business location can benefit from this coverage in the case of a vehicle being damaged by theft, vandalism, fire, or collision while in the business's care.
Why Ryan Thoma Insurance?
Our friendly and local agents have served San Angelo, Texas and the surrounding areas for over 20 years. We look forward to discussing coverage option with you and finding the best coverage for your business.
Call Our Office at 325-944-9946 or Request a Quote
Like us on Facebook!